Anti - Ragging AICTE Notification
Anti - Ragging Committee Members
Anti - Ragging Circular
Anti - Ragging 2013 DOTE
SUMMARY_REGULATIONS_TM UGC 2009
As per the AICTE regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions
an Anti-Ragging Committee is re-constituted in our college for the academic year 2016-2017.
Toll Free No: 1800-180-5522 Website: www.antiragging.in
WHAT IS RAGGING?
1. Misconduct of any student either in spoken or written form or any action that has the effect of harming others.
2. Indulging in undisciplined activities that cause physical or psychological harm or fear or apprehension.
3. Asking others to do things that they normally will not do and causing a sense of shame or emotional embarrassment.
4. Any act that disrupts others academic activity.
5. Financial extortion or forceful monetary burden on a fresher or any other student.
6. Any act of physical abuse including sexual, homosexual assaults, stripping of clothes, forcing obscene lewd acts and gestures causing physical and mental torture.
7. Any act of abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults to derive sadistic pleasure.
8. Any act that affects the mental health and self confidence of any student with or without intent to derive sadistic pleasure or Seniority over others.
Punishments for Ragging
1. Cancellation of admission.
2. Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
5. Withholding results.
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
7. Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
8. Rustication from the institution for a period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
10. Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.