HOD Of the Department
About the Department
The department of Civil Engineering was established in the academic year 2002-2003 with an annual intake of 30 Students with 20% lateral entry students in the second year. Approval for an annual intake of 60 Students. At present the department is running with an approved with an annual intake 240 students.
We are providing value added courses like REVIT, STAAD Pro. In addition to the curriculam developed by DOTE, Chennai.
Objectives of the department :
- To below the students with a high quality education that caders the need of the current field.
- To provide the each student, in-depth knowledge in the subjects they study.
- To bring out standing Diploma engineers who can prove them to be the best in their relative field.
Goals of the Department :
- Providing 100% placement for the outgoing students.
- Providing better theoretical and pratical knowledge for the students.
- Developing the communication skill and the personality of the students.
- Nurturing the students with the growing industrial trends.
- To improve the self-learned cability of the students.
- To give 100% result individual subject
- To give 100% diploma pass.
The department has well – established Hydraulics Laboratory, Material testing Laboratory, survey Laboratory, CAD Laboratory, English communication laboratories.
Every two students are given practice in a single experiment during their practical sessions which by that they can improve their pratical knowledge.
The faculties are using latest teaching aids such as LCD projectors and OHP for effective teaching.
The department has a seperate library with 100 volumes of text/reference books.
The department is headed by Mr.L.Prabhkaran who has 15 years of acedamic experience and 10 years in Construction experience. The department has 8 faculty members meeting the AICTE norms of 1:20 faculty-student ratio.
The results for the passed out batches are well over 80-85% about 70% of the students have gone for higher studies. Most of the students are working in rebutted orginations like L&T, SAINT GOBAIN, SHOBA Developers, Essar Groups, Dalmia Cements, L&W have them are placed through placement and training centre of our college.
The department organizes industrial visit for II and III year students for every year so that students get industrial exposure. The students are encouraged to participate in paper presentation contest/conferences and other academic programs by paying one way fair for the prize-winners. In plant training is made compulsary for III and IV semester students. Interested students are motivated to do seminars.
Paper presentation, guest lectures, seminars, industrial visits are well organized through the students association of civil engineering with the guidance of facilities to upgrade their practical knowledge and modern developments in civil engineering.
All students are being praticed in all labs by our experienced faculty members and lab assistants and make them to a level of world-class technocrats. All labs are well equiped as per DOTE norms.
Our objectives are to attain maximum state ranks, to sign with companies and encourage the student for research activities.
Short Term Goals
- To achieve 100% result in Board examination.
- The other goals are motivating the students from villages ,enriching students through placement and train them to meet the current needs.
- Our to satisfy the NBA experts in term of all required standard and norms.
Long Term Goals
- It includes to achieve 100% result and provide 100% placements for higher education.
- We also promote the technical skills for youth through community polytechnic college.
- We also motivate the students to go abroad for higher studies.
- Above all want to maintain the quality of accreditation forever.
Any other innovative practice introduced to improve the quality of technical education in the department.
- Bridge courses are conducted.
- Modern teaching aids are used in teaching.
- Faculty members producing good academic results are honoured during the college annual day function.
- Students are counselled periodically.
- Guest lectures are being organized especially on personality development and career guidance.
- Students are sent for In-plant Training during their vacation.
- Students are taken for industrial vists to gather wide knowledge.
- The conveyance is given for the prize winners in inter institutional completions.
Industries visited by our students
- Madurai Airport
- Sotuparai Dam - Periyakulam
- Water Treatment Plant - Pannaipatty
- Madurai Railway junction
- Desalination Plant – Naripaiyur
- Royal Seema Concrete Slipper
- Jawahar timber
- Brick Manufacturing
- Vaigai Dam
- Pamban Bridge
|7.||Er.I. Sonai Selvam||B.E||LECT|
|8.||Er.M. Sundara Rajan||D.C.E.,||Asst.Lect|