HOD Of the Department
About the Department
The department of Mechnanical Engineering was established in the academic year 1996-1997 with an annual intake of 60 Students in addition the department has 20% lateral entry students in the second year.
The Department offers basic and advanced subjects such as Manufacturing technology, Design of Machine Elements, Thermal Engineering, Automobile and Refrigeration & Air conditioning
In addition that computer intergrated manufacutirng, process automation and Auto CAD 2D 3D, Solid works are offered too.
The Mechanical Department well established special machineries, Workshop, Mechanical Testing & Metallography, CAD & CIM labs, life skill communication lab with an Investment of amount of Rs 90 Lakhs.
All students are being practiced in all labs by our experienced faculty members and lab assistants and make them to a level of worldclass technocrafts. All labs are well equipped as per DOTE norms.
The faculties are provided with latest teaching aids such as LCD projectors and OHPS which they can take to their classrooms, that help the students to visualize the subject taught. The department has a seperate library with about 3 journals/magazines, about 100 volumes of text/reference books. The department is headed by Mr.J.K. kuppusamy who has 15 years of acedmic experience and 20 years in industrial experience. The department has 18 faculty members meeting the AICTE norm of 1:20 faculty-student ratio. Most of the faculties are minimum qualification of bachelor degree in mechanical Engg. The department also has two supporting staff for laboratories.
The results for the passed out batches are well over 80-85% about 50% of the studetts have gone for higher studies. Most of the students are working in reputated orginations like L&T, LG, Essar Steels, TVS Groups, Ashok Leyland, Ford, LMW, TI Groups & Zoho etc.,
The department organizes industrial visit for II and III year students for every year so that students get industrial exposure. The students are encouraged to participate in paper presentation contest/conferences and other academic programs by paying one way fair for the prize-winners. In plant trainging is made compulsary for III and IV semester students. Interested students are motivated to do seminars.
Paper presentation, guest lectures, seminars, industry visits are well organised through the studnets assocation of mech engineering with the guidance of faculties to upgrade their practical knowledge and modern developmetns in mechanical engineering.
- To enhance the employability skills of the students, and thereby prepare them for 100% placement.
- To arrange more no. of value added courses for the students to fulfill the current industrial expectations.
- To ink more MOUs with reputed industries in the ratio of 1:6.
- To attract MNCs through quality education.
Short Term Goals
- To maintain the average of 95% results in the successive examinations.
- To get 100% Placement for all the final year students.
- To achieve maximum state ranks in the coming years.
- To promote the local youth through community polytechnic scheme by using the polytechnic resources.
Long Term Goals
- To be the premiere technical institution of our nation by 2020.
- To build a strong nation by strengthening the network of alumni.
- To set in motion the “Earn While Learn” process.
- To become a part of the industrial R&D.
|10.||Er.SP.SENTHIL||DIPLOMA, B.E, M.E||Lecturer|
|14.||Er.K. JAYARAM||DIPLOMA, B.E||ASST.Lecturer|
|15.||Mr.D. Ponnangan||DME.,||Lab Instructor|
|16.||Mr.M.RAMESH KUMAR||DME.,||Lab Instructor|
Mech Engg - laboratories
CNC - Lab